Friday 17 February 2012

Test Shots Evaluation

Looking back at the test shots, I think I was trying to hard to get interesting angles on my pictures. I think if I had kept it simple the pictures would have been more effective. I also learnt I should always use a plain background, though I tried the pictures became very hard to edit on photoshop because of the backgrounds.
 The first picture was a mid shot from a straight angle.  Sophie is looking directly at the camera and she is standing straight. I like the mid shot because it gives enough detail of clothing without it being distracting and you can see her face clearly. I think if the clothes were darker it would work well because it would make her face and hair stand out more. It would also make her stand out against the background. There isn't too much shadow on the picture but I think I need to use more natural light overall. I would change the contrast on the picture in the editing process to give a more professional look.

When I was taking this picture I was thinking about the double page spread. It is a mid shot from a straight angle but this time Sophie is placed to the very right of the picture. I like the technique used in magazines where the image carries on underneath the text of an article and that it is what I was going for here. Again, I think darker clothing would make her stand out more against the background. There is a slight shadow on the right of the picture which I would need to change. I like the pose that Sophie is doing, something about it is authoritative which works well for my magazine. 

 This picture is still a mid shot but is slightly further away. This gives more detail of clothing and you can also see the guitar. I like using the prop because it makes the photo seem less awkward and staged and because it gives more of an idea about my magazine. I think that it distracts your attention from Sophie though. The background isn't completely plain for this picture which will make it hard to edit. Also there is more shadow on the right side of Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment